What's new

Sony Wega settings for Videogames. (1 Viewer)

Garen_S

Grip
Hey Guys,
I haven't been at this forum for around a year now, finally got some questions, so im hoping I can get some answers. :)
Anyway, I got an X-Box w/the Microsoft Component Cables and a Sony KV27FS-12 Sony Wega T.V. I was wondering if you guys could post your settings e.g.Color/Brightness/Etc... because I want to make sure that I have the optimal settings because I have a feeling that my current settings are off because it looked a bit blurry and the colors seem washed out, even though I have component cables. Any help will be appreciated, thank you.
~Garen S

Joseph Young

Screenwriter
Garen,

Well, it could be several things.

Firstly, does the Xbox main menu have a choice between component and 'normal' video? The PS2, for instance, has two graphics choices, and if you haven't switched to the component settings, then you won't see a difference.

Your mileage may vary with brightness settings, but I highly recommend AVIA's HT Calibration disc. Make sure you have your VM enhancement turned OFF - utterly no need for it, it creates halos and edge enhancement and swimming pixels. A lot of WEGAS come from the factory with their contrast and brightness and enhancement turned up, and you need to turn all this down.

Good luck, and enjoy!

Joseph

Garen_S

Grip
Thanks for replying :) As for the menu, I have Component chosen under the option. There is a difference between Composite and Component, just that with component, sometimes it still looks blurry. That could be do to the fact that the PS2 had no Anti-Aliasing so it was crisper, and the X-Box does have it, so there is a duller look. I have my Movie mode calibrated using Home Essentials, but when I use that setting for games, it looks too dark and washed out since games use brighter colors. I am going to go home and put some time aside and try to make it perfect.

Conroy Tesa

Stunt Coordinator
I have an xbox->component->36XBR400
Movie mode is awesome for dvds but sucks for xbox.
The xbox is know to be a little dark compared to other sources.
I choose to calibrate my xbox using AVIA in the PRO mode.
Kick the brightness up a couple of notches.
Also I find VIVID (an insult to any sort of broadcast)
very vibrant and I seem to use that alot even if it is over the top.

The key is that MOVIE is not the correct setting for bright exciting colors for video games

Garen_S

Grip
I have my T.V. perfectly calibrated for movies and games now. The movie calibration was done using Home Essentials and for games, I just played around untill I got the settings I liked. Colors are vibrant, objects are sharp, and there is no color bleeding.

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
cennetkaralowa
Recent bookmarks