Sony WEGA question

Discussion in 'Archived Threads 2001-2004' started by Victor_W, Jul 9, 2002.

1. Victor_W

Victor_W Agent

Hi all,

I was wondering if you guys could give your opinions of these 3 Sony WEGAs should I get? They are the 27FS13, 27FV300 or the 24FV300. I definitely want the 16:9 enhanced mode, so I don't know if the 24 incher has that mode or not. Also, I know that the FV300 has a 3D digital combination filter instead of the 3-Line digital combination filter that the FS13 has. Is this a BIG difference?

Thanks for your help.

vic

2. AllanN

AllanN Supporting Actor

Im not sure about the comb filter. Check out www.sel.sony.com. But only the 27" and up WEGAS have the V-Compression

3. Paul_Dunlop

Paul_Dunlop Second Unit

Hi
    I have the 27FS13 and love it.
    If you use an S-Video or component connnection, the comb filter is bypassed anyway, so bear that in mind.

I have the Cable TV, Xbox and VCR hooked through S Video and the DVD through component, so i don't think i've used the filter yet.

The FV usually adds PIP and better speakers. Neither of these were a concern to me, so the FS was a better buy for me. Also it adds 'Auto' 16:9 enhancement - this is a nice feature, but moving through the menu to manually turn it on for DVD's is not a big deal (i use my RCA remote macro commands anyway)

Hope this helps

4. Fernand

Fernand Agent

I'm with Paul in this matter.
    I have a WEGA 27FS13 and it kicks butt. If you have a HT system you don't need the FV cause you're gonna waste money in better TV speakers when you're not gonna use them. About the PIP... waste of money too. Use the last channel or recall button in your remote !!
    BTW the 16:9 enhancement is cool! [​IMG]

5. Steve Lockwood

Steve Lockwood Stunt Coordinator

Paul

6. Brice

Brice Stunt Coordinator

Does anyone know if the 24fv300 (or even 20fv300) have the 16X9 squeeze?

7. JasonWW

JasonWW Agent

I think it's only the 27" and up that have the squeeze. Also, it's the 13's that have a single tuner, the 17's have the dual tuner and the FV have the dual tuner, better speakers and a few other little things.

8. Justin Lane

Justin Lane Cinematographer