What's new

Sony Wega problem (1 Viewer)

Phil G

Auditioning
Hi all. I just had to get a fuse replaced (the power to the tube blew) on my 8 month old Sony KV36-XBR400. Now that it's fixed I have a new problem: the picture is blurry on the sides. It's especially noticeable when text is on the screen like on CNN, it appears out of focus. It seems to be on both sides but not top or bottom. Also occurs with DVD and even with the menu test (so I know it's not a surce issue.) Any suggestions? Do I need the service manual? I'll probably get it anyway. The TV guy has been less than helpful, his only comment was that it must have been like that before (it wasn't). I really hope this is something I can fix with user or service adjustments.
Thanks in advance.

Doubt something like this can be fixed with user/service adjustments. Get someone knowledgeable to look at it. It's under warranty, isn't it?

Phil G

Auditioning
Thanks all. I've checked that group and found 2 reports of the same problem but no solution. I'm going to call the guy back out but I'm not too hopeful. I had noticed the problem as soon as he fixed the power and the picture came back and his reaction was "it must have been like that before." I guess I'll call him and ask him to fix it as a new problem. I still ordered the service manual just in case. It couldn't be something like convergance could it? I noticed that convergance is one of the things you can adjust in the service menu but I have no idea how to do that.
Anyone want to buy a slightly used Wega cheap?

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
H-508
Recent bookmarks