What's new

Sony Wega and "streaking" problem - fix? (1 Viewer)

Sean Patrick

Supporting Actor
Man of us with Sony Wegas are aware and suffer through the horizontal streaking problems - where areas of high contrast smear a darker strip going from left to right on the screen. I have recently calibrated my set and the problem seems to have INCREASED with a properly calibrated picture. My question is : are there any settings in the service mode that help this problem?
thanks

Tom Weeks

Stunt Coordinator
Do you have a satellite system hooked up with an s-video and your dvd hooked up with component cables? If so try turning off your satellite receiver when watching dvd.

Sean Patrick

Supporting Actor
actually, yes i do. does having both plugged in cause some sort of interference? my satellite receiver is off most of the time, should i unplug it to see if that helps?
i had never heard of this cause before. very interesting!

Tom Weeks

Stunt Coordinator
I have heard of this several different times and some said just turning off the receiver caused the streaks to disappear, if this does not work for you, you could try just unplugging the s-video from sat. receiver to see if it helps. There is supposed to be a fix for this. I will dig a little and see if I can locate it.-----TJW

Tom Weeks

Stunt Coordinator
There are alot of posts on problems like yours on www.audioreview.com . Check out the reviews on the Sony KV36 FS12. These reviews are what stopped me from recently getting a Sony 36in. My local Sony dealer was aware of these problems and he advised me to get the Toshiba. Hope this helps you find a fix. TJW

Matt_Stevens

Supporting Actor
Those streaks cannot be removed. And once you see them, you ALWAYS see them.
furious.gif
I'm so glad I got rid of my Wega. It was a damned nightmare.
------------------
www.deceptions.net/superman

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Larsenv
Recent bookmarks