1. We suffered a brief outage this morning when our host noticed that HTF needed to be moved to a different server due to a hardware failure. That work is now complete. Please post in the feedback area if you have any issues.
    Dismiss Notice

Sony Wega and "streaking" problem - fix?

Discussion in 'Archived Threads 2001-2004' started by Sean Patrick, Sep 17, 2001.

1. Sean Patrick

Sean Patrick Supporting Actor

Man of us with Sony Wegas are aware and suffer through the horizontal streaking problems - where areas of high contrast smear a darker strip going from left to right on the screen. I have recently calibrated my set and the problem seems to have INCREASED with a properly calibrated picture. My question is : are there any settings in the service mode that help this problem?
    thanks

2. Tom Weeks

Tom Weeks Stunt Coordinator

Do you have a satellite system hooked up with an s-video and your dvd hooked up with component cables? If so try turning off your satellite receiver when watching dvd.

3. Sean Patrick

Sean Patrick Supporting Actor

actually, yes i do. does having both plugged in cause some sort of interference? my satellite receiver is off most of the time, should i unplug it to see if that helps?
    i had never heard of this cause before. very interesting!

4. Tom Weeks

I have heard of this several different times and some said just turning off the receiver caused the streaks to disappear, if this does not work for you, you could try just unplugging the s-video from sat. receiver to see if it helps. There is supposed to be a fix for this. I will dig a little and see if I can locate it.-----TJW

5. Tom Weeks

There are alot of posts on problems like yours on www.audioreview.com . Check out the reviews on the Sony KV36 FS12. These reviews are what stopped me from recently getting a Sony 36in. My local Sony dealer was aware of these problems and he advised me to get the Toshiba. Hope this helps you find a fix. TJW

6. Matt_Stevens

Matt_Stevens Supporting Actor

Those streaks cannot be removed. And once you see them, you ALWAYS see them. [​IMG] I'm so glad I got rid of my Wega. It was a damned nightmare.
    ------------------
    www.deceptions.net/superman