What's new

Sony WEGA 27in. 4x3 picture error! Advice needed! (1 Viewer)

Kevin_M_M

Stunt Coordinator
I bought the WEGA a few months back and this has slowly been getting more and more on my nerves.
When I watch a movie like Star Trek TMP, whenever there is a darker shot, blues or black, I see visible vertical line move left to right across the screen. Its a discoloriation, it lightens the image where it is, Im sure you all know what Im talking about by now.
Am I making this happen somehow? Can I fix this? Or is this the TVs fault?
------------------
They mostly come at night. Mostly... - Newt
DVD Collection

Oren

Stunt Coordinator
I would assume this is interference between a power cable and a signal cable. The best way to diagnose this (AFAIK) is (a) strip your system down to the TV and DVD player only, and (b) make sure all the power cables are away from the signal cables, or at least crossing them at 90 degree angles (i.e., don't run them alongside each other).
Of couse, you could just be SOL. I have a friend who has a Tivo that interferes with everything just by being connected to the receiver. Weird.

John_Bonner

Supporting Actor
Kevin,
I have a 36" WEGA and had noticed the same thing. It happened when watching a DVD (component input) in the 16x9 enhanced mode. There would be this faint vertical line moving across the screen which once you notice it, you can't unnotice it. I seemed to happen when scenes changed from light to dark. I found that by turning off all other video sources (vcr, satellite reciever, cable box) the line seemed to disappear. I say "seemed" because there are times where I swear I can see it even with all other video sources turned off. What I should really do is what Oren suggested and unplug/move components until I find the culprit. But with a 235 lb. tv and about 5 miles of wires in an entertainment unit where everything "just fits" it's not so easy to do.
------------------
JB
My baloney has a first name it's H-O-M-E-R my baloney has a second name it's H-O-M-E-R

Users who are viewing this thread