What's new

Sony Wega 16:9 Question (1 Viewer)

Brandon_S

Second Unit
I recently purchased a 27 inch Sony Wega. I have had no problems with it and it has been a great TV! Anyway, my question is...can I buy a programmable remote that will allow me to switch to 16:9 squeeze mode with one touch of a button rather than going into the menu everytime? I know larger Wega models have an auto-switch feature, but if I could get a remote to do it with a push of a button that would be great. Thanks!
Brandon Smith
------------------
bdohtf.jpg

http://sweb.uky.edu/~btsmit2
[email protected]

Britton

Screenwriter
Any universal remote that will allow you to program macro functions should do the job. I have a Sony RM-VL900 and I used one of its system function keys and programmed the button sequence to switch to 16:9 enhanced mode. One push of the button, and it switches. However, you have to keep the remote pointed at the TV while it performs the operation.

MikeEckman

Screenwriter
This wont work with a One For All Home Producer 8. I used to love this remote when I got it, but the longer I have it, the more drawbacks I find with it. For some reason, the left and right arrow keys (for navigating the Sony menu) dont work with the remote. I was able to make it do an IR Learn to program the left and right arrows as one of the programmable function buttons, but the Home Producer 8 wont let you put the programmable buttons in a macro.

John_Bonner

Supporting Actor
Brandon,
I did exactly what you're looking for with a One-For-All Cinema 7 universal remote. It cost about $30 and controls my WEGA, Denon receiver, cable box, satellite receiver, CD Player, DVD Player and VCR.
It has 2 MACRO buttons for recording a series of steps.
I setup a macro button to go to the TV input, bring up the menu, go to the screen to change to 16:9 and turn it on. It's so easy my wife can even do it! :)
The best part is if you want to turn the 16:9 feature off, hit the same macro button and it goes through the same steps but this time turns the 16:9 off.
Hope this helps.
------------------
JB
"These go to eleven" - Nigel Tufnel

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
acinstallation240
Recent bookmarks