What's new

Sony vs polk vs onkyo home theater (1 Viewer)

Ashik

Auditioning
Real Name
Ashik
How is the quality of sony home theaters like n9200 comparing with onkyo or polk or yamaha at the same price range???
I will buy for watching movies in home and i want a true surround sound system....
Thnks

JohnRice

Bounded In a Nutshell
Premium
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
John
Whatever you own has to be the best there is. That's what. I've personally found Sony products to be incredibly unreliable. And I've owned a LOT of Sony products.

Edwin-S

Premium
Senior HTF Member
I had a poor experience with SONY audio equipment that turned me off of SONY products for 20 years, until the PS3 came out.

I owned an Onkyo receiver that had an audio issue. ONKYO did own up and fix it under a special program that they had running. However, while waiting for it to be returned, I went and bought a YAMAHA receiver.

I've owned two YAMAHA receivers and haven't had an issue with either of them. The caveat is that neither of the YAMAHAs that I have owned were near the low end of their line.

I gave the ONKYO to a relative and it has been working reliably since the repair.

David Willow

Babbling Idiot
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Dave
I'm not saying Leon is wrong, I just want to now the reasons behind his statement. Personally I don't have anything made by Sony any more. For me they seem to cater to lower end closed systems that can't be upgraded. Plus, the few Sony products I have owned didn't last (mainly DVD players and VCRs).

Edwin-S

Premium
Senior HTF Member
I'm not saying Leon is wrong, I just want to now the reasons behind his statement. Personally I don't have anything made by Sony any more. For me they seem to cater to lower end closed systems that can't be upgraded. Plus, the few Sony products I have owned didn't last (mainly DVD players and VCRs).

Yes. I'm not really questioning why he thinks SONY equipment is the best. If it is working for him then all power to him.

I was just relating my experience with the various brands of audio equipment I've purchased in the past. I would have mentioned Polk too if I had had any experience with their stuff, but I haven't.

JohnRice

Bounded In a Nutshell
Premium
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
John
Plus, the few Sony products I have owned didn't last (mainly DVD players and VCRs).
That was my experience, but I've owned at least a dozen different Sony products, and most of them were rather expensive, and ranged across several different product lines. Virtually none of them lasted three years. I finally had to swear off the brand entirely. I've never another electronic product, ever, that didn't last 15 years, at the minimum.

David Willow

Babbling Idiot
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Dave
Sony have the best technology to make surround system. You will feel like two person are talking in front of you rather than in a video or movie. Most importantly, the sound is very crisp and clear.

You are the first person I've ever heard say that about Sony. But, if you like it, you like it. It is your opinion. I would strongly disagree with your opinion but I'd never tell anyone to not buy what they like (but I would strongly suggest they listen to other systems first :) ).

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CoolMovies
Recent bookmarks