What's new

Sony VPL-VW60 vs Epson Cinema Pro 1080 (1 Viewer)

ep010835

Auditioning
Real Name
Bill
I am in the process of finalizing the equipment purchase for a new home theater and would be deeply indebted for some advice. The room will be 14 (W) x 21 (L) x 9 (H).

I'm torn between a Sony VPL-VW60 and an Epson Cinema Pro 1080. I have zero experience with either one. Can anyone offer any advice to assist with the purchase??

For this purposes of this purchase, I'm considering each of these units at generally the same price point. Said another way, this purchase decision is more about quality and less about cost (within a maximum of the Sony's price, that is).

This will be a dedicated home theater room with no windows or other unwanted sources of light.

It will be principally used for movie watching (Blu-ray) intersperced with HDTV (Fios/Dish Network).

Thanks very much.

hodedofome

Stunt Coordinator
Real Name
Aaron Smith
Projector Reviews: Best 1080p Home Theater Projectors Comparison Report 2008

Go through and look at the individual reviews of the Sony and the Epson, check out the screen shots and all the pros and cons and decide which one you want. The Epson 1080UB Epson PowerLite Home Cinema 1080 UB, Overview - Product Information - Epson America, Inc. is a pretty sweet projector, and personally my pick would be that, and if I had double the money it would be the JVC RS2. But you can decide based on your needs and wants, which is why I enjoy Art's detailed reviews.

leonar

Auditioning
Real Name
phil
I am not sure if you zoom range is an issue re your intended screen size and projector location. This may become a factor toward your final decision.

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
newyork333
Recent bookmarks