What's new

Sony VPL-VW50 "Pearl" 1080p projector coming soon (1 Viewer)

MatthewA

BANNED
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Matthew
For those like me who have wanted the Ruby but have been unable to afford it, Sony plans a less expensive 1080p projector coming in October.

I can't wait to see reviews of the unit and hopefully discounts. Sometime around Hanukkah would be nice. I can finally plan my dream home theater at the house in Richmond (long story short: my Dad got a job there, and we haven't moved up yet because my sister has a year of high school left).

Tim Glover

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Tim Glover
Yeah, been reading some early and maybe even premature info on this one. Like you said, it appears to be available later this year for substantially less $$ than the highly regarded Ruby. Time will tell. What I am hoping is by this time next year, there will be many other companies with affordable 1080p projectors.

David Ruiz

Second Unit
Exactly how much less money are we talking about here? From what I've seen, the Ruby can be had for $10k. How much less is this new 1080p projector?

Arthur S

Senior HTF Member
David

The MSRP of the Pearl is $6,000. Actual price depends on where you get it. If you are seriously interested, PM me for a lead on what might be a better price from a reputable source. Also, bulbs for the Pearl are expected to be half the price as bulbs for the Ruby.

RobertSiegel

Reviewer
Gregg, do you own one? Can you elaborate if you do, as there are a few readers strongly considering it, and any comments would be appreciated. Thanks.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
blitz
Recent bookmarks