What's new

Sony VPL-VW12HT Image (1 Viewer)

Vic Barry

Grip
Hi gang. Greetings from Cork, Ireland.

Im waiting on the new house to be finished, still about 6 months away, but im starting the theater work already. Deciding on new gear etc.etc.

I have opted for the Sony VPL VW12HT projector. Im wondering do many of you guys have one. Whats it like picture wise. Ive read tonnes of reviews on it and it seems great. Heres the thing, does anybody have a couple of pics snapped with a digi cam of it in action.

Appreciate the time, thanks.

Regards from Ireland. The land of rain, fields and cows.
Vic

Vic Barry

Grip
Thanks Neil..looking forward to purchasing the 12ht. counting the days. Thanks for your help guys.

Vic

MikeTC

Stunt Coordinator
Vic,

Did you ever see the HS10? I have seen this with the Sharp 10000 side by side and the pq are about the same to my untrained eyes. I have also seen write up of how the HS10 is better in PQ then the HT12 for a lot less money. Go see the HS10 before buying the HT12 just for fun and let us know how it work out for you.

Good luck.

Neil Joseph

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Neil Joseph
The reviews that I have seen seem to indicate that the HS10 and the 12HT are very close but true, the HS10 can be had for considerably less. The 12HT has MLA which gives it a more solid pixel fill ratio. It is at least worth checking out. Let us know what you can get both of them for.

Vic Barry

Grip
Yeah...i was offered a second hand HS10 fairly cheap. I was even emailed some image stills from it and it was really good looking. But ive seen some mixed reviews regarding the lamp. It seems to have a problem of mis firing, and packing up after 25-30 hours use.

Currently im using a hitachi cps225, which is OK.
Is there really that much of a difference in the HS10 and the 12HT to warrant the extra cash on the 12HT. Living in ireland, audtioning either of these projectors is impossible.OK so the HS10 is 200 lumens brighter, yet its aspect ratio is 700:1 compared to 1000:1 for the 12HT. Would this be noticable. Budget is kinda an issue, i can afford the 12HT, i would prefer to pay the extra for a better quality projector, as opposed to paying less and saying six months down the line, hell i should have got the other one.

And ive been off looking at loads more reviews on forums etc. and i dont feel confident, as nearly everybody seems to have this "lamp" problem.:angry:

Dont know what to do..........Do many of you folks have the HS10....

Thanks for reading

Vic

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
maanw2357
Recent bookmarks