What's new

Sony VPL-HS51 Projector (1 Viewer)

DocDB

Auditioning
Real Name
David
htf_images_smilies_popcorn.gif
Sony VPL-HS51 front projector in excellent condition---no dead pixels or vertical banding problems---just incredible,
3-D like high definition pictures.

This high definition Sony VPL-HS51 front projector was in my smoke free dedicated home theater for two years and it still has a phenomenal, bright picture. The lamp has 974 econo-mode hours of its expected 3000 hours. This unit puts up amazing Cinema like pictures. Used mainly for viewing movies with the family, I am upgrading so I am selling this one at a great price (:star: Asking $650; MSRP was $3,499). Buyer pays shipping. Paypal preferred. Money order/checks clear before shipping.

Comes in original box with remote and manual, new filter just installed.

The projector employs 3 proprietary 720p LCD panels that together provide 2,764,800 pixels (1,280 x 720 native pixel resolution) optimized for high-definition video inputs such as those from a DTV/cable set-top box, progressive scan/up-converting DVD or Hi-Def DVD. Compatible inputs include standard 480i, progressive-scan 480p, and high-definition 720p and 1080i signals.

The lens shift function adjusts the picture position both vertically (total shift of 2 picture heights maximum up to maximum down) and horizontally (total shift of 1 picture height maximum left to maximum right) to allow for off center positioning and very flexible table or ceiling installation options. The projector can be mounted above the top of the screen, or below the bottom of the screen, by up to ½ screen height.

Sony's Advanced Iris function enables the projector to dynamically adjust the video image according to the black level of the input signal, resulting in a high contrast ratio of up to 6,000:1 and reproduction of even the subtlest details. The projector's 1.6x zoom lens grants the projector a short throw distance, with the option to project on screen sizes of 40 to 200 inches. For placement considerations, you'll need to maintain anywhere from 4 to 6 feet of throw distance for a 40-inch screen to as much as 19 to 30 feet for a 200-inch screen.

witz1128

Auditioning
Real Name
Dan
Does everything on the projector work properly still? I had the circuit board go bad on mine, and just want to make sure I'm not buying somebody else's nightmare. Have you ever had any problems with it?

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
acinstallation821
Recent bookmarks