Sony VPL-HS51 and screen

Discussion in 'Displays' started by dean k, Dec 31, 2004.

1. dean k

dean k Auditioning

I am shopping now for video projector and was wondering if anyone has a Sony VPL-HS51 and if any one has opinions on it. Also, for starters, is it OK to get a screen that is in the $500 range, or do I really need to drop a bundle on a Firehawk?

2. Jim Mcc

Jim Mcc Producer

Jim
    Dean, is that Watertown, Wisconsin, I'm in Oconomowoc?
    The Sony HS51 got a great review at Projectorcentral.com, it seems overpriced. You should also read the reviews for the Panasonic 700 and Sanyo Z3. I'm not sure about the screen question, I made my screen for about $40.00. When you're at Projectorcentral.com, they have an article reviewing some screens.

3. dean k

dean k Auditioning

Yes it is, I just made that correction. We are just on the far west side of Oconomowoc. What projector do you have and are you happy with it? As far as the screen goes, I thought of making my own also (with the screen paint) but my wife wants to be able to hide it when not in use. So I've been seeing screens on ebay for the $500 range (electric) and screens far in excess to that, so I don't know if I can get by with the cheaper one for now.

4. merv

merv Auditioning

Dean, this is a great projector, it can be puchased for less than retail on the net, I got mine at onecall for good price. I have not yet recieved my 92" firehawk screen, so it is jut on the wall, and it look great. good luck.