Sony Viao RZ34G as HT input device?????

Discussion in 'Computers' started by Paul Fa, Jul 26, 2003.

1. Paul Fa

Paul Fa Stunt Coordinator

Hi folks,
    I'm considering this pc for general household uses and for limited novice-level sound/video capture, editing and playback/output.
    http://www.sonystyle.com/is-bin/INTE...ntentItemPage=

I'd appreciate ANY advice/experiences with/on this particular system, the RS/RZ Viao lines themselves and PC-HT issues in general. This system includes S-video and composite Video/Audio and IEEE 1394 inputs, but not outputs. The output from the graphics card is TV-out, VGA-out, and DVI-out. What's the best way to get audio and Video to my Denon 3803?

Thank you,
    Paul

2. Paul Fa

Paul Fa Stunt Coordinator

ANYBODY????? If these are too general of questions and I've missed a FAQ area, please let me know. I'm new to this stuff and need some ideas!

Thanks,
    Paul

3. Dave Simkiss

Dave Simkiss Stunt Coordinator

Dave Simkiss
    Could I please bring this back to the top and basically ask the same question.

I want to get into DVD recording/authouring, would prefer to go Mac but can't afford it. The Sony Viao RZ/RS series with Giga Pocket seems to be what Im looking for in the PC market.

Can anyone here share any experiances with these models and the giga pocket softwear.

Any info would be greatly appreciated.

4. JunoVazquez

JunoVazquez Stunt Coordinator

Probably no one here uses the sony PC that's why you did not get any response.

The best way to connect your PC to your Denon? I use Digital Coax and the 7.1 Analog In on my receiver coming out from my HTPC, which is a modded HP minitower PC.

Hope this helps.