1. Sign-up to become a member, and most of the ads you see will disappear. It only takes 30 seconds to sign up, so join the discussion today!
    Dismiss Notice

Sony unveils pricing for new AV products

Discussion in 'Playback Devices' started by Martin Dew, Apr 17, 2019.

1. Martin Dew

Martin Dew HTF News Editor

Martin Dew
  2. Dave Moritz

Dave Moritz Lead Actor
    Supporter

Dave Moritz
    I currently have a Samsung UBD-K8500 4K UHD Blu-ray Player that I have been planning to upgrade. I did want an Oppo but the money was not there at the time and now one has to wonder how much longer they will support there 4K players. Anyway I have been looking to get a Sony UBP-X800M2 4K Blu-ray player to not only upgrade my player but to have Dolby Vision and full immersive audio support as sometimes I really wonder if the player is sending the data to the receiver. But now there is a idea when the player is coming out and how much it will retail for. The plan was that I am upgrading my Samsung and getting a Sony 4K blu-ray player to go with my Sony XBR55A9F 4K 55" OLED TV. I see the Sony UBP-X800M2 is retailing for $299 and not only would it be connected to the Sony OLED but to a Marantz SR-8012. Now I am wondering if this was the right choice? Should I be looking at a Pioneer Elite or Panasonic 4K blu-ray player?

IMG_2351a.
    IMG_2519a.