Sony Universal CD/SACD/DVD-A/DVD-V Player

Discussion in 'Archived Threads 2001-2004' started by Kevin C Brown, Sep 4, 2002.

1. Kevin C Brown

Kevin C Brown Producer

Gotcha! [​IMG] I tried...
    1st email >>>>>
    Customer (Kevin Brown) - 09/02/2002 03:05 PM
    Dear Sony- Just curious if you will ever do a universal
    DVD/SACD player? Something like the DVP-S9000ES but with DVD-A too?
    I personally will not buy 2 different players to get all of DVD-A, DVD-V, SACD, & CD.
    But I would love a Sony ES-type quality player that does that...
    Thank you!
    Kevin.
    Response >>>>>
    Response (Thomas) - 09/02/2002 04:10 PM
    Thank you for contacting us with your inquiry on the Sony DVD players.
    Sony’s DVP-NS500V DVD Player supports DVD-Video, CD, VCD, DVD-R/RW (Video Format), CD-R/RW and SACD. Sony's DVP-NS900V Progressive Scan DVD Player supports DVD-Video, CD, VCD, DVD-R/RW (Video Format), CD-R/RW, and SACD formats. These 2 models support both SACD and VCD formats. I'm
    afraid that the DVP-NS500V DVD Player is not available online. The following link will help you view and purchase the DVP-NS900V Progressive Scan DVD Player:
    http://www.sonystyle.com/home/item.j...=&itemid=18465
    The DVP-NS999ES is a Sony ES-type quality DVD player. Sony's DVP-NS999ES player will be available in October for about $1,200. The following link will help you get information on the DVP-NS999ES player:
    http://news.sel.sony.com/pressrelease/2634
    Please feel free to contact the Sony Style team for further assistance.
    2nd email >>>>>
    Customer (Kevin Brown) - 09/02/2002 11:50 PM
    Dear Sony- The DVP-NS999ES would be perfect, except
    that it doesn't support DVD-Audio...
    Maybe sometime in the future...
    Kevin.
    Response >>>>>
    Response (Robert) - 09/03/2002 12:34 AM
    Thank you for your interest in Sony's DVD Players.
    Except for DVD-Audio, the DVP-NS999ES has all the features that you want in the player. You could opt for the DVP-NS999ES when it is introduced in the market. The DVP-NS999ES player will be available in October for about $1,200. Please visit the following page to learn more about the player.
    I suggest that you check back at a later date at SonyStyle.com for the availability of the player at our site.
    Please feel free to contact the Sony Style team for further assistance.

2. Kevin T

Kevin T Screenwriter

kevin:

don't bang your head against the wall. the wall will still be there and you'll be left with a concussion.

kevin t

3. Joe Cole

Joe Cole Second Unit

Kevin:

A more common sense approach might be:

Buy a SACD/CD player.

Buy a DVD-a player.

Sony is the co-Developer of SACD.

For really good quality of SACD sound a real good combo player would be quite expensive.

4. KeithH

KeithH Lead Actor

Kevin C Brown, sorry, but that was a real productive use of your time. [​IMG] What did you really expect from a big company like Sony? The people who wrote those e-mail responses should run for office. I won't dwell on that here.
    You should have mentioned that Pioneer has the Elite DV-47A universal player for the same price as the 'NS999ES. I wonder what Sony would have said in response to that. They probably would have said something like this:
    "The DVP-NS999ES will be out in October for $1200. It will offer nearly all the features you want. For more information on this player, visit the following page:
    Also, please check SonyStyle.com periodically for availability of the player. Thank you for your interest in Sony products."
    [​IMG]
    Oh well. I commend you for trying.