1. Sign-up to become a member, and most of the ads you see will disappear. It only takes 30 seconds to sign up, so join the discussion today!
    Dismiss Notice

Sony UBP-X700, Need Help. Player refuses firmware update

Discussion in 'Playback Devices' started by Kyrsten Brad, Jan 1, 2019.

1. Kyrsten Brad

Kyrsten Brad Screenwriter

Brad
    Well folks, ain’t this the Home Theater pits.

For the past week, I’ve been trying to install the firmware update from Sony ( M43-0225) on my Region Free Sony UBP-X700.
    First of course, tried to update it online. The X700 says it cannot locate the network server despite the fact all the online services (Amazon Prime, Vudu,,etc) work just fine on the X700.

So next I download & extract it to a flash drive and try for the update that way. Update reports the file is corrupted. Attempted this several timese calling in with fresh downloads, different flash drives and even a different computer. Same thing.

I’ve just emailed Sony and 220 Electronics about this and will be calling tomorrow but any insight is welcome. I get the feeling I’ll be wanting a replacement under warranty.

2. Kyrsten Brad

Kyrsten Brad Screenwriter

Brad
    UPDATE: Problem solved by 220 Electronics. Had to do it by flash drive but 220 tech sent me another link to download firmware update from.

Root of the problem might have had something to do with the fact that my flash drives were formatted for eFAT instead of FAT32. Also maybe something with 220s region free mod. Anyway 220s update worked fine.

ManW_TheUncool likes this.
  3. Matt Hough

Matt Hough Executive Producer
    Reviewer

Matt Hough
    That's great! Glad you got the problem solved.