What's new

Sony TV sound to HiFi NAD (1 Viewer)

Andrew Mc Glone

Auditioning
Real Name
Andrew Mc Glone
Hi
I am trying to connect the sound from my Sony TV to my NAD HiFi. So far I have only been able to get it to work via a 3.5" headphone jack. I was expecting to use a phono cable but it does not seem to be supported on the back of the TV.
The TV is Sony KDL-55HX853 and the HiFi is NAD stereo receiver c720BEE.
I need some help ! Is the only option the 3.5" jack ?

schan1269

HTF Expert
HW Reviewer
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Sam
You have an optical output on the TV.
http://www.amazon.com/Digital-Optical-Toslink-Analog-Converter/dp/B004C4WPXA/ref=sr_1_1?s=electronics&ie=UTF8&qid=1349459196&sr=1-1&keywords=optical+analog+converter

Andrew Mc Glone

Auditioning
Real Name
Andrew Mc Glone
That will convert the signal to HiFi ? cool !!
If I bought that box and hooked it up to the hifi and tv - would the speakers just work ? At the moment when I tried getting the hifi speakers to work with the TV the sound has been out of sync.

schan1269

HTF Expert
HW Reviewer
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Sam
IF the sound is out of sync, that is usually because you have the "LCD was never meant to be used for television, so we have to add wizardry to make it work" stuff turned on.
Turn off the clearmotion(or whatever Sony calls it) and all the other "I'm an LCD and I need help producing a picture" stuff off.

Andrew Mc Glone

Auditioning
Real Name
Andrew Mc Glone
I see motion flow and i turned that off. There is so many different options in the menus I don't know what else to turn off
Amazon won't ship that device to me (in Republic of Ireland) either will Amazon.co.uk. :confused:

schan1269

HTF Expert
HW Reviewer
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Sam
You might have to go to Asda(I think I have the store correct) and get one.
I assume there are Asda where you are??? Or something like it...

Andrew Mc Glone

Auditioning
Real Name
Andrew Mc Glone
yes I will check it out. Hopefully it will work ok as the price I will have to pay will be more than the Amazon price.
thanks for the help !!!

schan1269

HTF Expert
HW Reviewer
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Sam
By the way, you might just try different ones other than the one I linked. It could be "just that one" they can't ship.
Also, I have no idea the issues/regs shipping to RoI from the UK. I ship from the US to Canada all the time...but that is a different animal.
And yes it will work. Just make sure the TV is NOT set for DD. Make sure it is set PCM.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Ertugrul
Recent bookmarks