Sony TV and Electrical Shocks

Discussion in 'Archived Threads 2001-2004' started by Harman, Apr 25, 2002.

1. Harman

Harman Auditioning

Hi all,

Whenever I touch the RF aerial connected to my Sony Wega or the pioneer dvd player (dv-440k) or any of the cables (the tips and not the insulated parts) attached to the various components, I get a mild electric shock. I don't know where it's coming from. I just got myself a Marantz receiver (SR4200) and one of those Yamaha satellite speaker packages and now I can get the shocks just by being in contact with any metal part of the receiver and the screws behind the sub-woofer. This is really worrying me. Also attached to the system are a Nokia satellite receiver and a Toshiba VCR. I also noticed that all of the components use a 2-prong plug. Has any one ever experienced anything like this? Any suggestions?

I don't think it's static electricity because nothing else in the house gives me the same effect.

Thanks

2. Harman

Harman Auditioning

Hi all,

An update: the problem has been traced to the Toshiba VCR. It's the oldest equipment that I have (4 years). I think the grounding is probably screwed somehow. So, other than sending it for servicing, you guys have any idea?

With the update, it's official that this question is in the wrong forum. Sorry.