What's new

sony to sony HT to PC (1 Viewer)

hello. first time poster...

i have a Sony VAIO PCV-RS720G and i have a sb live! sound card in it and im using it instead of the onboard gear. my home theatre connected through rca and a y splitter, is the sony DAV FR1, and the speakers (not that it matters) are the cube speakers SS TS500 from the older sony dream system.

heres my problem. my rear speakers have no sound. probably because either i dont know how to hook it up, or because i dont have the remote and the sound is set only to come out of the front and center channels.

i set the sblive to 4 speaker and if i plug the y splitter into the black port on my soundcard i can get the test to read "rear right and rear left" but they come through my fronts.. in the green port on my sound card i get the "front right front left" during the speaker test. which leads me to believe i need to plug in another set of rca's and a splitter for the other 2 speakers. well i did that... but theres no obvious place for them on the back of the reciever. i have som pics to make it clear.

oh and my computer has some sort of cable and tv in card looking thing on it.. i know nothing about that part of the computer, what can i do with that?

ill post pics of the backs of the reciever and the computer soon as i can

ok for some reason i cant post links to my pics ill try this if anyone cares just put one of thos h t t p : / / things in front of this --> kcampbell2.photosite.com/sony/

you know i just plugged one of the 2rca cables coming from the black port of the sound card that i had going into the SAT - into the single SURROUND BACK and not really any change

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
acinstallation172
Recent bookmarks