What's new

Sony to release Torture Garden, The Little Girl Who Lives Down the Lane and more! (1 Viewer)

Gordon McMurphy

Senior HTF Member

I believe these will be released on the 4th of October.

There are some long-awaited titles there. I'm a bit confused regarding The Fog "remastering". The current transfer, sound, extras are all superb, I feel. Any thoughts?

Gordon McMurphy

Senior HTF Member
Oh, yeah: I forgot about the remake. I'm really getting tired of these rehashed, 'souped-up' remakes of low-budget horror/sci-fi films from the 60s, 70s, 80s. It's amazing that filmmakers like Romero and Carpenter are willing to take the cash.

Christian Preischl

Screenwriter
Real Name
Christian Preischl
My thought? This is Sony. They'll start double-dipping the hell out of the MGM catalogue as soon as possible.

Chris

Paul_Scott

Senior HTF Member

mine looked terrible the last time i played it.
lots of aliasing, and compression related noise.
it looked like some of the earlier Bond SEs.
i believe there is much room for improvment on this. and i would upgrade if there were (and the price was right).

seanJ

Agent
Good to see "Torture Garden" get a release, I`m a sucker for the Amicus horror anthologies and I`ve only seen this one once before.

As for "The Fog", I haven`t seen the current U.S. disc but the region 2 looks fine to my eyes, so won`t be double dipping on this title.

Regards

Jodee

Screenwriter
Davis DVD has a more complete listing, including one of my holy grails:

I never thought I'd ever see the black comedy classic The Girl Most Likely To... released on DVD!!! It was a TV movie penned by Joan Rivers and starring Stockard Channing. I don't believe it was ever even released on VHS.

I am so excited this is coming out.

Peter M Fitzgerald

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Peter Fitzgerald
And one of my DVD holy grails (as long as it's 2.35:1 anamorphic):

BILLION DOLLAR BRAIN (1967-British)

--even if, like the R2 DVD apparently is, the brief bit with the Beatles tune turns out to be substituted and/or cut out (which, of course, would be unfortunate), I'm still psyched, as it would still be vastly superior to my glitchy EP VHS recording of a faded, P&S, severely-edited 16mm print from local TV, circa 1987.

I'll finally have the original Harry Palmer trilogy complete on R1 DVD! Huzzah! Joy! Rapture! :) :emoji_thumbsup: :emoji_thumbsup: :emoji_thumbsup:

Charles H

Screenwriter
Which THE SPIRAL STAIRCASE will it be? The 1946 classic directed by Robert Siodmak with Dorothy McGuire in a memorable Oscar-nominated performance? Or the 1975 "re-thought" rip-off? I wish that studios gave more specific info when they announce their catalog dates.

Jeff Ulmer

Senior HTF Member
Deceased Member
If I only get one thing in October it's THE LITTLE GIRL WHO LIVES DOWN THE LANE, although I doubt it will be the European cut.

Gordon McMurphy

Senior HTF Member
Not getting the 'European cut' of The Little Girl Who Lives Down the Lane isn't a big deal. The director doesn't like the nude footage anyway; its unnecissary; the motivations of Sheen are conveyed well without it.

The Girl Most Likely To... is a true gem. Many, many people will buy this on DVD.

Jeff Ulmer

Senior HTF Member
Deceased Member
I wasn't stating that it was a big deal (have never seen the version, so wouldn't know what I was missing), just stating that it probably isn't going to be that version. I'll just be happy to have something better than my 1.33:1 LD, at least I hope we get something better...

walter o

Supporting Actor
Isn't Jodie Foster's nudity in the Euro cut just a body double, and was shot AFTER the film was completed?

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
H-508
Recent bookmarks