What's new

Sony to now support 'ebaying' in SOE games (1 Viewer)

Christopher_P

Stunt Coordinator

This is sad. IMO they are just saying hey we haven't been able to stop people from cheating all these years so what the heck lets allow it as long as we get a cut of it. If this becomes standard with MMOG's I won't pay to play them. :frowning:

Jeff_Standley

Supporting Actor
Just a heads up, they forum admins usually dont like you to post an entire quote. Just add a link or quote bits and pieces.

I think it's a good thing they are accepting that people are going to do it no matter what. I think it will be good for people who sell and buy stuff this way also. I have heard of many cases where a character is sold and then the original owner later contacts sony saying there information was stolen and then sony gives them access to the account again basically screwing the buyer out of money and account info. It will be nice not having to worry about your account being banned or cancelled for this practice also.

Christopher_P

Stunt Coordinator
Ah didn't know I got the info from monkly-business.com's front news page didn't have a direct link to it.

Honestly I think this will promote more 'gold farmers', NBG will not exist as everyone will want to get loot out of a group to sell for $, not to mention the legit tank will get passed over in groups for the ebayed tank with better gear. IMO if this becomes standard it will be the downfall of the genre. Atleast now its unoffical. With this system in place more people will do it :frowning: Not to mention I have no doubt if they gain enough profit from it they will convert the non ebay servers and probably bring it to other SOE games.

Jeff_Standley

Supporting Actor
Im not sure that it will affect what is already neing done in the game. I think you might get a few more to start selling now that its legit, but I dont think it will be a large percentage. I hope anyways.:)

DevinJC

Stunt Coordinator
it's been rampant for ages, legitimizing won't make it more of a problem. Hell, EQ made some people fairly wealthly who were doing this.

You could buy money and characters for EQII, WOW, and COH almost before the games went live.

And yes that's a slight exaggeration, very slight.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CoolMovies
Recent bookmarks