Sony TA-P9000ES still availble anywhere?

Discussion in 'Archived Threads 2001-2004' started by Mike Loiterman, Jan 14, 2003.

1. Mike Loiterman

Mike Loiterman Stunt Coordinator

I'm interested in a, preferrably new, Sony TA-P9000ES. I've looked ALL over and cannot find one, as they have been discontinued. Keep in mind that this is the *P* model, not the E model. It is a 5.1 pre-amp.

Is there a replacement for this produt or does anyone have any idea where I might aquire one?

Thanks.

2. Scott Pierson

Scott Pierson Stunt Coordinator

I just got one new from Uncle's Stereo for $499 plus shipping. I ordered it from ReliableAudioVideo.com, which is apparently their web presence. I've heard varying reports of quality for Uncle's Stereo service, so I'm not sure I would have placed the order had I realized it was them, but it came double-boxed in perfect, brand new condition, and works great to switch my Marantz DV-8300 and Sony 555ES.

Most places are out of stock and are not getting more. I'm not sure where they got this one as I had to wait about a month for it (they were out of stock, but backordered to try to fill. Got lucky, maybe.)

Good luck!
    Scott