What's new

Sony TA-P9000ES 5.1 analog preamp (1 Viewer)

Kevin U

Auditioning
I was wondering if any one has had any experience using the Sony TA-P9000ES 5.1 analog preamp. I bought a Pioneer dv47A DVD/SACD/DVD Audio player and without realizing it, found I had no 5.1 analog inputs on my Sony 9000ES Pre/Pro for the DVD Audio/SACD playback (except stereo which is great, but why bother). So I found out about this unit and wanted to get some feed back on it. I think I can get ahold of a new one for about $200 which is a good deal but wanted to know a little more about it. Any comments??
Thanks in advance.
Kevin

Charles Gurganus

Supporting Actor
For $200 it must be hot. I paid $450 delivered for mine and I am very happy. I also have the E9000es preamp and currently use the P9000es as a 2 channel analog source right now (turntable to one input and analog out from a CD player to the other input). It was the missing piece in my setup puzzle as I was looking for options to improve the anlog side of my setup.
Some people had some warmup hum (that goes away quickly) when first turning on the P9000es. I never have had this issue. You will find a plethora of info at the following link. Do a search on the P9000es.
Link Removed

Scott Merryfield

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Scott Merryfield
Kevin,

Is this TA-9000ES pre-amp available from a retailer/etailer at $200, and do they have more than one in stock? That's a great price and a possible solution to handling both DVD-Audio and SACD 5.1 analog inputs into a receiver with a single set of 5.1 analog inputs.

Jim_F

Screenwriter

Even the stereo input undergoes an A/D, D/A conversion in the TA-E9000ES. That's why I had to add an analog 2-channel volume control between my S9000ES and my amp in order to properly play 2-channel SACD.

Kevin McCurdy

Stunt Coordinator
Wow $200.00 that's a great price. It's a pretty handy component. I'm using it for DVD-A(input 1), SACD(input 2) and 5.1 channel bypass for the Lexicon. Once I get a 2 channel tube preamp I'll have that connected to the 2 channel bypass input also.
I think the unit sounds great and provides a real convenient way to hook up multiple components. I didn't have any hum issues with mine, but I do have the issue of popping when turning the input selector on the front of the unit. The pop doesn't occur when using the remote, so it wasn't a big deal for me.

Dan Driscoll

Supporting Actor
Kevin U,

Please send me the URL, e-mail address or telephone # of your dealer. I am very interested in this unit and if this is from a legitimate dealer, $200 would be an incredible price.

Scott Merryfield

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Scott Merryfield
Kevin,

I would also be interested in contacting the dealer if this unit could be purchased for $200. I cannot justify spending $450 - $500 for my needs, but made be able to pony up $200.

Yohan Pamudji

Supporting Actor
Wow, I'd be interested in this preamp for $200 too! True 5.1 analog bypass and 5.1 input switching for $200? Nice.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
acinstallation240
Recent bookmarks