What's new

sony ta-1000esd price? (1 Viewer)

Michael Wilcox

Auditioning
Hi, I was wondering what a Sony TA-1000esd might be worth. I know its old but its still a pretty nice pre.

Thanks

Grant B

Senior HTF Member
a store had a one new for around $250 I believe, if that helps.

That was about a mounth ago

Rachael B

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Rachael Bellomy
I sold mine for $200 last year. It's` a better stereo pre than Pro-Logic piece. The P-L processor is very noisey by today's standards. The programable remote is seriously short on memory too. I reprogramed it so many times and always ran out of memory before I could enable all the buttons I wanted. Despite all that I really liked it back in the early 90's when I got it. It was the first time I got to use the digital output of a Laserdisc player. I never really mastered all the equalizer functions. It was a bit much. It's one of most complex components I've ever seen. Oh, the DSP functions were pretty much useless. None of them sounded good. I only used stereo and Pro-Logic. I had a hard time selling mine. I finally sold it to a musican who had no intrest in surroud sound. Best wishes!

Art Miller

Stunt Coordinator
It's probably worth $100-200. I've got one that I bought new, what, a decade ago, and I just packed it away in a box, 'cause I can't bear to sell it for a 1/12 of what I paid. I'd have to disagree with Rachael, and say that I was never impressed with it as a stereo preamp. In fact I stopped using it for that many years ago, only pulling it into service for prologic use. As it is a digital preamp with no way to bypass all those old chips, (unlike it's successor the 2000ESD), it's pretty worthless for much of anything. If I could figure out how to wire an analog bypass, it might make an OK switcher for some non-critical applications.

Might make a good step stool though....

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
acinstallation172
Recent bookmarks