Sony SXRD

Discussion in 'Displays' started by Stacey_V, Apr 13, 2006.

1. Stacey_V

Stacey_V Stunt Coordinator

Hi All....

I just recently bought and then returned a Hitachi 55VG825 LCD RPTV. I really liked this particular set, but I just couldn't get past what I considered poor black level. I ended up bringing this TV back and exchanging it for a Sony 60" SXRD. I am much happier with this unit, although I did have to pay a premium for it compared to the Hitachi.

Anyway, I am looking for info in regards to getting this new unit calibrated. I know that the CRT RPTV's greatly benefit from proper calibrating, but would I see any difference in my new Sony being tweaked? I am very pleased with the picture so far, and don't want to spend additional money if it really isn't necessary.

All constructive comments are greatly appreciated.

2. Kevin C Brown

Kevin C Brown Producer

An ISF calibration is a few hundred bucks. But a test disc like Avia is $50. Also includes audio tests. You should look into that. I guarentee you will end up with a picture that is more accurate. [​IMG]

3. Peter f

Peter f Stunt Coordinator

I had Gregg Loewen come out and calibrate my 60" SXRD in January...very happy with the results. would highly recommend getting the set calibrated.

4. Phil Iturralde

Phil Iturralde Screenwriter

5. Kevin C Brown

Kevin C Brown Producer

That's a pretty good price for DVE. Just keep in mind the LFE signal is recorded at the wrong level.