What's new

Sony super fine pitch xbr crts? (1 Viewer)

John*F

Auditioning
Well ive been looking for a few days really hard to find either a sony kv-34xbr910 and the xbr960 and cannot find one in stock. I would much rather have the 910 with only dvi and no hdmi than the 970 without super fine pitch. I was just wondering if anyone here knows where there are any available. lol i cant believe they are this hard to find, that im posting this question but i figured i had nothing to lose.

Garrett Lundy

Senior HTF Member
They've been out of production for going on 2 years now. Ebay is your best bet. Don't expect to see "new in box", that ship has passed, sad to say :frowning:

John*F

Auditioning
Yea, im aware of that and crts are dead i know. But i was hoping there was still a few left floating around out there. Man im kicking myself already for not buying the 960 6 months ago. However i did find the only non xbr 34 inch model (KD-34XS955) available with super fine pitch in a few stores. Im debating on whether its worth it right now ($1600). The only difference between that and the xbr960 is that it doesnt have pip, the remote is more attractive on the xbr, it appears to have more of a charcoal/bluish tint, and the 960 has a 10 bit 3d digital comb while the xs955 only has a 3d digital comb filter. So does anyone know what difference that would make? Ultimately the remote ill barely use and the same goes with picture in picture.

Arthur S

Senior HTF Member
The XS955 will be just dandy. The filter is a non-issue. Jump on that 955 now before it too disappears. You are lucky to have a source for the 955. Just do it.

John*F

Auditioning
Thanks Arthur!
Yea, thats what my friend told me also and that they these are really good gaming tvs if not the very best. Haha he called one of the places up that said it was in stock just to confirm its availability. He went right into why are you even thinking about buying a crt. He was saying you should buy a flat panel and all that crap they give you and persisted on crts are in the graveyard do you want to live in a graveyard and rummage through crt's lol and people are afraid of high tech things! i mean, i like old clocks but digital ones are better. Mind you my friend has a 42" plasma and a 32" lcd and was saying well crts still give you a better contrast ratio, and a better response time. He shut up quick. lol

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
acinstallation449
Recent bookmarks