sony subwoofer saw 40

Discussion in 'Archived Threads 2001-2004' started by geoff dixon, Nov 26, 2001.

1. geoff dixon

geoff dixon Agent

Seen negative views on this speaker, too boomy! etc, but at an affordable cost, is this worth considering? I have a limited budget, and I wish to upgrade from a bridged amp which delivered 100watts into an 8inch driver,I do have lots of music to play, in a good sized area.with an Onkyo 595 amp,

2. Andy L

Andy L Stunt Coordinator

Search the past postings on this site, you will find more feedback on this sub than you know what to do with.

3. Matt Wallace

Matt Wallace Second Unit

Geoff,

To be a little more decisive, I think you will be happy with the Sony sub if you are on budget constraints. I picked one up extremely cheap to hold me over until next year when I upgrade, and I've been very happy with it. It won't win an SPL contest or anything, but it does a good job for HT.

BTW - You should do a search. You'll see what Andy is talking about : )

Matt

4. geoff dixon

geoff dixon Agent

[​IMG] thanks for the advice Matt I will consider the purchase,I just needed a review from someone like yourself to qualify the choice.

5. geoff dixon

geoff dixon Agent

[​IMG] thanks Andy for your help

6. Haywood

Haywood Stunt Coordinator

Hey Geoff, The Sony is a great sub. For the price paid you really won't be disappointed. I just sold mine to a friend it was replaced by a SVS 20-39. I suggest adding a little polyfill to the enclosure for a tighter sound. Overall I can say this is a good sub for a good price.
    Later Haywood [​IMG]