Sony Subwoofer or Aiwa ?

Discussion in 'Archived Threads 2001-2004' started by Derek Duncan, Aug 29, 2002.

1. Derek Duncan

Derek Duncan Stunt Coordinator

Hi, I have a small students budget, so I am only getting a replacement woofer for now, and will not spend more than 100.00 . So no "you should spend 300 and get this" replies okay. I have had a Aiwa TS-WSO woofer for 7 years now, and last week it pretty much died on me. The question is, is the sony SAW-M20 for $99 going to be as good as the Aiwa, considering the Aiwa is 7 years old, and I only paid 85.00 at the time. It should satisfy me right, because I am more than satisfied with the Aiwa. Anyone else have this woofer.

Derek

2. Tom_Maher

Tom_Maher Stunt Coordinator

I know, I know, you said you wanted to pay only $100. However! You can grab the Sony SAW-M40, a far superior sub to the SAW-M20, for only 130-140 online. I currently have an SAW-M40 (had it for about two years now) and it is truly amazing for the price I paid (I got it for about 180). In fact, I would argue that it can easily compete with subs that cost 100 dollars more! Simply put, I do not see a better bang for your buck sub near your price range than the SAW-M40. Mine is even paired with Klipsch R*-3II speakers and still manages to surprise me (though an SVS PC+ 16-46 has been pre-ordered to match my new Klipsches![​IMG]). I strongly advise you to save up an extra 30-40 dollars and get the SAW-M40, it is WELL worth the extra cost and I guarantee that you will not be disappointed in the least! This sub will easily last you until you can save up for that SVS (I know it did for me)![​IMG]