What's new

Sony Subwoofer or Aiwa ? (1 Viewer)

Derek Duncan

Stunt Coordinator
Hi, I have a small students budget, so I am only getting a replacement woofer for now, and will not spend more than 100.00 . So no "you should spend 300 and get this" replies okay. I have had a Aiwa TS-WSO woofer for 7 years now, and last week it pretty much died on me. The question is, is the sony SAW-M20 for $99 going to be as good as the Aiwa, considering the Aiwa is 7 years old, and I only paid 85.00 at the time. It should satisfy me right, because I am more than satisfied with the Aiwa. Anyone else have this woofer.

Derek

Tom_Maher

Stunt Coordinator
I know, I know, you said you wanted to pay only $100. However! You can grab the Sony SAW-M40, a far superior sub to the SAW-M20, for only 130-140 online. I currently have an SAW-M40 (had it for about two years now) and it is truly amazing for the price I paid (I got it for about 180). In fact, I would argue that it can easily compete with subs that cost 100 dollars more! Simply put, I do not see a better bang for your buck sub near your price range than the SAW-M40. Mine is even paired with Klipsch R*-3II speakers and still manages to surprise me (though an SVS PC+ 16-46 has been pre-ordered to match my new Klipsches!:)). I strongly advise you to save up an extra 30-40 dollars and get the SAW-M40, it is WELL worth the extra cost and I guarantee that you will not be disappointed in the least! This sub will easily last you until you can save up for that SVS (I know it did for me)!;)

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
acinstallation172
Recent bookmarks