What's new

Sony Subwoofer disconnects (1 Viewer)

Fidel Eduardo

Auditioning
Well. I've a little sony ht. It has a 100w subwoofer. It has been working fine for about 1 year. Then one day the sub stop working. It turns on sometimes but when a low frequency comes at moderate volume it turns off and a click noise is heard.

I think these subwoofers has an auto disconnection function to prevent some damage when the volume is too high or something like that, but it happens at low or moderate volume. Sometimes the sub never turns on or sometimes it works perfectly. But almost always it only works at low volume, and if a high volume low frecuency comes it disconnects and then you hear the click noise. 2 or 3 seconds later you hear again the click noise and it sounds again...

What could it be.. Sorry about my bad english but I'm from Mexico.. lol..

PeterTHX

Senior HTF Member
Well, the warranty is 1 year and if you didn't have an extended warranty....:frowning:

Fidel Eduardo

Auditioning
:frowning: My warranty is over... Any idea that could solve the problem?? Anyway I think I'll have to take it to service...

KeithMoechnig

Stunt Coordinator
Sorry, but I don't know what it is. Your best bet would be to take it into a place that can fix it or get a new subwoofer.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
acinstallation240
Recent bookmarks