sony str-k840p optical problem

Discussion in 'Beginners, General Questions' started by Phillip Peyton, Aug 16, 2003.

1. Phillip Peyton

Phillip Peyton Auditioning

I recently purchased a hometheater system that has a sony str-k840p reciever. Everything is hooked up and working great except for the optical input from the dvd player. I connected the cord from the dvdplayer to the reciever, but when I push the "input mode" button it does not give me an optical input option (like the manual says it should)... it only gives me auto in, coax in, and analog (no opt in). Anyone have any solutions to this problem? The manual has been less than helpful, and searches online have yet to turn up any solutions. I tried clearing the memory/default settings, but that did not help any.

Any help will be greatly appreciated

Phil

2. Phillip Peyton

Phillip Peyton Auditioning

Update: I can get the optical to work if I play it through "video 2", but not "DVD". So the problem is sort of solved for me because I do not currently use the "video 2" jacks for anything.

3. Frank Zimkas

Frank Zimkas Supporting Actor

Check your manual and see if you need to assign the inputs via an OSD.

4. David Ruggiero

David Ruggiero Stunt Coordinator

The dvd input can only use coaxial, and the optical can only be used on video 2 as you have discovered. This is covered in the manual on page 10.