What's new

Sony str dn1030 question. (1 Viewer)

polaco163

Auditioning
Real Name
Andre
I recently bought the Sony str dn1030 since it was on sale at best buy. Do you guys think its a good buy or should I have gone with something else? I got it because its features like built In wi fi and Bluetooth. My other question is I have my cable box connected using hdmi now at night how can I shut off the surround sound and use the tv speakers? I tried turning off the receiver but I loose the image. Are there anything in the setting that I need to change? Thank you.

gene c

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Gene
The 1030 does offer a lot for the money but most members would probably say you could have done better with an Onkyo, Denon, Pioneer etc. Sony is fine for displays and bluray players but their receivers are a little on the low end. But owners seem satisfied with them so if your happy with it that's all that matters. You need to set HDMI Pass Through to "On". See pg 98 of the manual.

polaco163

Auditioning
Real Name
Andre
Thank you. I just noticed something on the receiver. I have my pc hooked up thru hdmi on the tv and not into the receiver now when I'm using the av receiver for sound the audio keeps cutting in and out. I noticed something like lpcm 48 something like that keeps coming on the av display. I hooked up the pc directly into the av receiver and its working fine now but why does that happen if not connect directly in av receiver?

schan1269

HTF Expert
HW Reviewer
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Sam
Because you aren't supposed to use the TV(Any TV) as the hub. Unless you want problems with your audio. The whole point of Audio Video Receiver is to use it as, well, an AVR.

schan1269

HTF Expert
HW Reviewer
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Sam
Because you aren't supposed to use the TV(Any TV) as the hub. Unless you want problems with your audio. The whole point of Audio Video Receiver is to use it as, well, an AVR.

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
H-508
Recent bookmarks