Sony STR-DA5ES, who owns one of these rascals?

Discussion in 'Archived Threads 2001-2004' started by Gary W. Graley, Mar 12, 2002.

1. Gary W. Graley

Gary W. Graley Second Unit

I've looked on AudioReview and searched here as well but didn't find a lot of history on this receiver, some threads but not a lot concerning it in particular and as I'm about to close a deal on one...possibly, I wanted to hear from you guys/gals that might have one and any problems you have encountered in it's performance?

I've been to the Sony site, man they need help in that regard! it's tough to get around, but I didn't find any mention of this receiver there?

I saw the recent thread about it's cost dropping, which frankly scare me into NOT picking one up, as why would they try to lower the price so dramatically?

So help...please, let me know if it's a good call to pick this one up...Thanks all!

G2

2. Earl Simpson

Earl Simpson Supporting Actor

It is a fine rcvr. Do a da5es word search. Several people own one on this forum and are happy with them. Big difference is a 5 year waranty, 6 independent equilizers, greatly expanded input section and 3 room 3 source. I got a 3802 but was struggling between the 5es/3802/898.