Sony STR-DA5ES and surround sound setting retention

Discussion in 'Archived Threads 2001-2004' started by Gerard Martin, Jul 20, 2002.

1. Gerard Martin

Gerard Martin Second Unit

Using two Tivo's and one WebTV as input sources via VCR1, VCR2 and TV/SAT I am having a problem with my receiver retaining the audio format I set. For example if I set PLII for VCR1 and NEO6 to VCR2 I have no problem switching back and forth between sources and still retaining those settings however once I place the receiver in standby the receiver defaults to Pro logic.
    I have used wall outlet, Tripplite
    ISOBAR6 and Panamax 5300 all with same results so know power always on is not the problem. Any ideas is there anyway the input sources Tivo, Webtv could be the cause and if so how and how could I correct it. TIA.

2. Dan Joy

Dan Joy Supporting Actor

Interesting, my DA5ES will only retain the latest Normal Surround that was last used per input. So if I use DPLII on local , then switch to vcr and select DTS NEO, and then switch back to local it retains DTS NEO not DPLII. I would also like it to hold DPLII for cd listening and DPLII MOVIE for local tv listening.
    Gerard, I don't understand what you mean by standby mode[​IMG]

3. Gerard Martin

Dan
    I meant going from on to off, in most receivers the receiver do not go to an
    actual off but rather standby to retain settings in receivers memory. The DA5ES indicates it power consumption of 1W in
    standby mode. Any ideas why my 5ES won,t
    hold settings and defaults to Pro logic when powering back up.

4. Dan Joy

Dan Joy Supporting Actor

Mine will hold previous settings when turn off or turn inputs. There is something at the end of the setup menu you have to turn on to save settings(I am at work) and after you put your DPLII setting in you should press enter on remote(make sure it's in that mode) or enter behind hidden panel.

5. Gerard Martin

Dan
    I think the setting you mean is S.FIELD LINK I have that on along with every other thing I can turn on receiver still goes to Pro Logic when placed in standby. Guess I will have to settle for resetting everytime I turn it on or 24/7. Thanks for
    the input.