What's new

Sony STR-DA4ES and 'DA7ES up on Crutchfield's web site. (1 Viewer)

KeithH

Senior HTF Member
Crutchfield has added the Sony STR-DA4ES and 'DA7ES receivers to its web site. Prices are $1000 and $2300, respectively. The web site says the 'DA4ES will be in stock August 28th and the 'DA7ES will be in stock September 20th. Pictures of both receivers and remotes are up on the web site. The 'DA7ES touchscreen remote comes with a stylus and looks pretty cool. However, the display is black and white, not color. The 'DA4ES isn't bad in my opinion. It's closer to the type that Sony used with the 'DA3ES and 'DA5ES, as well other recent models. Links to the two receivers are below. Note that I had some difficulty accessing these pages. I had to hit "Refresh" a couple times to get them to load.
'DA4ES:
http://www.crutchfield.com/cgi-bin/S...TRDA4E&o=m&a=0
'DA7ES:
http://www.crutchfield.com/cgi-bin/S...TRDA7E&o=m&a=0

Aaron H

Supporting Actor
Strange, I am having trouble viewing the pages, too. Thanks for the refresh tip. They look nice.

Aaron

KeithH

Senior HTF Member
Aaron, no problem. I had a similar problem accessings pages for the Sony DVP-CX875P progressive-scan DVD megachanger, which went up on the site today. Someone must be working on the site, which is leading to intermittent accessibility.

AndyHangartner

Stunt Coordinator
Keith,
check out my comments in the Robert Schaez post. Its kind of how I really feel. I give personal experience and my opinions from listening in my Home. No repeated experiences from somebody else and answers to the questions I couldn't get myself.
Still waitng for the Upsampler
andy

Craig_Kg

Supporting Actor
Has anyone else noticed that the 4ES & 7ES don't have 192/24 DAC's listed in their specs like the 5ES?

Then again, the 5ES isn't listed as being 192/24 compatible either.

Chip E

Screenwriter
I'm a little suprised the DA7 only has two coax inputs for a super duper flagship venture by Sony.. Looks like a pretty good HT receiver though!

Greg Haynes

Supporting Actor
Chip,
Actually there has been talk about how little the differences are between the the '4ES & '7ES. I still can't believe there is a $1300 price difference for 10 more watts per channel and 3rd room control. I mean both receivers have the same weight!
I wouldn't call this a super duper receiver. I would call it a $1000 receiver with a super duper $1300 remote :D :D :D

KeithH

Senior HTF Member
Chip, I agree with Greg completely. I don't view the 'DA7ES as a super-duper receiver of the likes of the similarly priced Denon AVR-4802. The 'DA7ES may be better than the Denon '5803 or whatever it is, however. ;) I'm kidding! Take a deep breath and relax! :D
I think the remote for the 'DA7ES should say the following each time it is powered up: "I spent $1300 more, and all I got was this stupid remote." :D
For those who own the 'DA7ES or are thinking of getting it, I am just joking around.

Greg Schwabacher

Stunt Coordinator
Well, I'm gonna go for the 'DA4ES. My 'DA50ES came with one of Sony's fancy-schmancy two-way remotes and it was utterly worthless. The STR-DA7ES' remote looks a lot like my STR-DA50ES' remote. Further, if you look closely at the picture of the 'DA4ES on the Crutchfield website, you'll see that just above the IR window on the receiver is a two-way symbol...which tells me that if the two-way Sony remote turned out to be "all that," one could always upgrade later.

I really don't think there's any differences at all between the '4ES and '7ES between the added room and fancy remote of the '7ES.

Dave T

Auditioning
I found this link on google that talkes about the 4es. I think the page was in spanish but it is translated. I says the 4es has 192/24 bit da converters. I hope this link works
Link Removed

The page is in french and it is a typo. It says that the 5ES has 192/24. The title is referring to the 4ES by mistake and is it an old posting from last fall.

KeithH

Senior HTF Member
Greg, thanks. The repair of my 'V444ES didn't go so well. See my "PROTECTOR" thread, which is floating around this board for specifics. I am hoping to get a new receiver.

Greg Schwabacher

Stunt Coordinator
Hey Keith, I think my purchase of the 'DA4ES will be pushed back by about six weeks. I found a place willing to order me a 'JA333ES MD recorder for $600, so I'll probably get that first (before the ES MD recorders disappear off the face of the earth).

JohnDW

Agent
For anyone who has the 4es, how are finding the sound processing modes and especially the decoding of DD and DTS on movies ? Is this a high quality processor for an HT system (ignporing the amp section for the purposes of this discussion ) ?

jdw

Aaron H

Supporting Actor
Bump ttt.

I'm curious, too, how the 4ES owners are finding this receiver as a preamp.

Aaron

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
acinstallation449
Recent bookmarks