What's new

Sony STR-DA4ES/7ES owners...please try something for me. (1 Viewer)

Greg Schwabacher

Stunt Coordinator
I just received my new STR-DA4ES receiver this Saturday, and so far everything is working great. However, the default Command Mode of the remote is AV2. So that I didn't have to reprogram my Pronto, I changed this Command Mode to AV1. Everything seems to work fine in this mode except that the multi-channel input function selector doesn't work when the remote is in the AV1 Command Mode...at least on my receiver.

If you own a STR-DA4ES or 'DA7ES, could you run the following check for me? First, set the Command Mode of both your remote and your receiver to AV1 (for the remote, it's under the "RM SET UP" menu, for the receiver, it's under the "CUSTOMIZE" menu). Once you've made this switch, see if the Multichannel function selector works (press "FUNCTION" on the remote and scroll to "MULTI CH"). Like I said, this function only works when the Command Mode is set to AV2 on my system.

This glitch isn't messing me up now because my SACD player is two-channel only, but I guess I'll have to reprogram my Pronto once I do get get multichannel SACD!

Thanks!!

Seth_L

Screenwriter
Greg,

You shouldn't have to reprogram anything. Set one of the two multichannel inputs to CD and the reciever will do the rest. For example I have my Sony SACD player connected to my DA5ES with both a toslink and 6 RCA cables. When I play a CD it uses the toslink. When I play a SACD it uses the multi channel input automatically. Apparently the SACD player turns off the toslink input and the DA5ES switches to the multichannel input (if you have it assigned to the CD).

I presume your DA4ES will behave in the same fashion.

Seth

Greg Schwabacher

Stunt Coordinator
Seth-

Thanks for the tip! I read about that functionality, but didn't really think it through to understand how it would work. That's pretty neat, and once I replace my ES CD megachanger with a ES SACD megachanger (assuming Sony releases one), that's how I'll hook it up. Right now, however, I only have a stereo SACD source (my DVP-S9000ES), so I don't even need to use the multichannel inputs. I really just wanted to make sure that my remote/receiver was functioning correctly. I think that the AV1 command mode is geared more toward legacy components, and I suspect that there's not a multichannel function remote code for those.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
vasyear
Recent bookmarks