What's new

Sony STR-DA3000ES ... need it in BLACK please! (1 Viewer)

Thomas Smailus

Stunt Coordinator
As someone who has been sitting on his 10 year old, still solidly running Sony STR-AV1020 ProLogic reciever (what is that, 2.3?).. I've been eyeing a new unit.

I had my sights on the STR-DA4ES and now its done and the new units are rolling in... but

Wayne Ernst

Senior HTF Member
Amen. I dread the silver units that are coming out from many manufacturers. I don't think I could survive 10 years before the next upgrade, so lets hope black does become and offering, too.

Angelo.M

Senior HTF Member
Thomas:

You may be out of luck. Everything I've read/heard about the new ES line indicates that it will be available in silver only.

I spoke with the folks at Oade Bros. not long ago, and they didn't know of any plans for the new ES to be available in anything but silver (including the new ES 5-disc DVD/SACD carousel). Also, they told me that they were very impressed with the 3000ES when they demoed it (not in stock yet). They are completely out-of-stock for the 4ES, but you can find it elsewhere, for the time being at least.

Thomas Smailus

Stunt Coordinator
Thats the brain-damaged managers at Sony at it again. I swear, I really don't know what they heck those guys smoke but to some extent, that company is out of control.

If you look those models are Euro models and have different specs than the US STR-DA3000ES. The euro versions are 6.1 and not 7.1 as well as other things being different.

Two different recievers with teh same model number. Stop smoking what your smoking over there, Sony!

More evidence to thier craziness. I did get a reply to my email to customer product service at sonystyle, but as expected, the folks answering questions are not Sony people at all, but rather some generic service folks sitting somewhere with a big Sony binder. They can answer whatever is in the normal product literature and no more. They advised me to 'check with my local authorized dealer'.. Yeah,right. Like they would know.

Is there ANY WAY to directly contact the folks at SONY itself to give them some feedback rather than working through their worthless front-end agents?

I'll agree, its looking like an STR-DA4ES or having the case re-anodized... but that won't solve the buttons, unless they are all aluminum too. ARGH!

Actually, the resolution is likely to be not buying any new receiver at all and hoping 2004 models will be better. What a shame.

Greg Schwabacher

Stunt Coordinator
I'm with you guys. Every piece of Sony ES gear I've bought since 1998 has been black, and now they unleash this silver crap on us. Apparently I'm not the only one who's annoyed by this. Heck, we have to live with this stuff, too...and if I have to look at it, it's either going to be all black or all silver. Since I'm not exactly ready to upgrade all my components right now, I guess it'll stay all black.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
blitz
Recent bookmarks