Sony SCD-XE670 SACD player. Anyone own this?

Discussion in 'Archived Threads 2001-2004' started by Jeff, Mar 30, 2002.

1. Jeff

Jeff Supporting Actor

Oddly this is not available in the US, which is why there are so few reviews.

I was originally thinking about getting a Cambridge Audio D300 or D500 since regular CD's are my top priority but it would be nice to have SACD as well. Can anyone comment on the SCDXE670?

Thanks,

Jeff

2. KeithH

KeithH Lead Actor

Jeff, do a search on this site for the SCD-XE670, as it has been discussed occasionally. I know that Trevor Schell has one. Also, you find might some information by doing a search on the Hi-Rez Highway board on www.audioasylum.com .

3. Jeff

Jeff Supporting Actor

I already did a search Keith, but very little came up. I was hoping to get more info than what's been posted.

Thanks,

Jeff

4. KeithH

KeithH Lead Actor

O.K., Jeff. Sorry to hear that you didn't find much information in a search. I seem to recall Trevor Schell saying that he was happy with the 'XE670 when he bought it a few months ago. That post goes back awhile and probably wouldn't come up in a search. As I said before, you might find some useful information on Audio Asylum. Also, I suppose you could use comments posted both here and on Audio Asylum on the 'CE775, which is simply a carousel changer version of the 'XE670, as an indicator of how the 'XE670 might perform. I know there has been far more information posted on the 'CE775 on both web sites.

Is there a way you could buy both a Cambridge player and the 'XE670 to try them out at home? If a dealer or dealers have a 30-day money-back guarantee, you have nothing to lose and everything to gain from comparing the two players in your system. Best of luck.