1. Sign-up to become a member, and most of the ads you see will disappear. It only takes 30 seconds to sign up, so join the discussion today!
    Dismiss Notice

Sony SCD-C555ES owner, help please!

Discussion in 'Archived Threads 2001-2004' started by TanD, Mar 13, 2002.

1. TanD

TanD Stunt Coordinator

Does the Sony SCD-C555ES have build in test tone and channel level adjustment for all the channel independently?

I read a sterephile review on this player it say it doesn't offer the channel adjustment independently only to shift one to another, You have to use a analog multichannel preamp with channel level adjust on it for it to work properly.

I am sure my denon 5800 receiver doesn't offer channel adjustment for the EXT input 1 and 2 (it is real bypass).

How are your owner of the 555ES overcame this problem? beside using the analog preamp with multichannel adjustment.

2. TanD

TanD Stunt Coordinator

3. Rachael B

Rachael B Producer

Rachael Bellomy
    Tan, I've only had my 555 for a week and I don't think much of it's bass management system. I'm sure that down the road I'll get a Sony or Outlaw unit to manage bass for it and my DVD-A player too. I clearly get more bass in SACD stereo than in multi-channel operation no matter how I've adjusted it. Best wishes!