What's new

SONY SAWM40 Subwoofer ... (1 Viewer)

Aurel Savin

Supporting Actor
Just wanted to know your opinion on the above sub, for mostly movie listening.
My setup is in the link below...
Also inetshopping.com has this on sale for $139.00 . I know this is a good deal, but has anyone dealt with the site before?
Any tips on this sub would be appreciated ...
------------------
RIGHT ... CHEERS!
www.geocities.com/asavin70
Link Removed
www.flickem.com
"Dream as if you'll live forever, Live as if you'll die tomorrow"-James Dean

Aurel Savin

Supporting Actor
I did a search on the forum ... nothing but glowing reviews on the little that I found.
I am not expecting much given the price and the fact that it's a Sony ... but I need some "bottom" for my flicks and am not willing to spend $500 ...
Where are all the owners???
------------------
RIGHT ... CHEERS!
Link Removed
www.flickem.com

Bob_Hammond

Agent
I have one that I bought mostly for movies. I bought it because it seems to be universally seen as the best sub in the

Jack Gilvey

Senior HTF Member
You've read the reviews, what would you like to know about it? I've owned one since November.
Fire away...
(The search worked for me just now, but just 30 days back.)

Alf S

BANNED
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Alfer
I've had mine since October and absolutely love it! Incredible bass for both DVD movies and music IMHO.
It takes a bit of tweaking, but once you find the "sweet spot", as the Cledus from Smokey and the Bandit said to his dog: "Hold onto your ass Fred!"
laugh.gif

Alfer
------------------
Check out my new Home Theater site and my NEW HT 6.1 Pic's at The Enormodome
Join my new Yahoo "Club Enormodome" for LIVE HT and DVD chats at: Link Removed

KeithA

Grip
I just bought it not too long ago. I like it so far...
Make sure to check out the tweaks people talk about for it (stuffing it and such). To be honest, I bought this sub because I'm more of a tweaker than an audiophile... hearing that I could improve the sound on this thing got me interested more than anything. I built my own sub 6 years ago, but when I moved, it was far too heavy to go with me...
frown.gif

Chris_sc

Auditioning
I am also looking to purchase this sub, but...
I looked at inetshopping.com and was all ready to order, and then I saw shipping. Is that really 54 lbs? It doesn't look like it's that big/heavy?!?!
Thanks,
Chris

Aurel Savin

Supporting Actor
Yeah ... shipping to NY is $38. So the total is $177.
Went to Sears today as they price match online ads ... BUT ...they require the shipping price be added + tax.
So forget Sears ... anyone else know another cheaper place?
I'm cheap ... what can I tell you :)
BTW: Thanks for everyone who responded so far.
------------------
RIGHT ... CHEERS!
Link Removed
www.flickem.com

Jack Gilvey

Senior HTF Member
Sears is funny that way, each one seems different. My Sears has matched a few things, including the Sony, without even mentioning the shipping cost.

KeithA

Grip
Every Sears store in the region refused to internet price match for me. I ended up getting a price match from Sears online (kind of defeats the purpose, but shipping+tax from sears.com was less than shipping from others).
And yes, my shipping weight was 46lbs... I think the manual or the box or something says it weighs 40lbs, which seems about right. Can anybody recommend good feet for this thing that won't require drilling (or give me tips on how to drill without owning a drill....)

Tom Rags

Supporting Actor
Keith- Can you explain how you got a pricematch from Sears online? I tried going to a few Sears stores in my area, and they wouldn't pricematch without shipping charges applied (which defeats the purpose after sales tax), and they wouldn't match the $129 price from K's electronics since there is not one in the area.
How do they pricematch online? I tried going through the motions and could not find any way to do this. Thanks for your input.

Alf S

BANNED
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Alfer
Looks like times are a changin' at Sears. A few month's ago, their website said that they would match pretty much any price from online. I even asked two different cashier's and they said they would. All they needed was the online url, and they (cashier) call a Sears 800#, and have a customer service rep pull up the item on the web, verify it, then let cashier price match.
Looks like they are enforcing the brick and mortor PLUS matching online store price matches only.
Here's their newest policy:
If you find a lower price on an identical branded item currently available for sale at another local retail store, Sears will match that price. Just tell your sales associate at the time of, or within 30 days after, your purchase.
If you find a lower price (including shipping, handling and delivery) on an identical branded item currently available for sale and delivery in your area from an established online retailer, Sears will match that total price at the time of, or within 30 days after, your purchase.
Just print the ordering page, including shipping, handling and delivery, and bring it to your Sears store at the time of, or within 30 days after, your purchase. If you are purchasing online, email the information to [email protected].
Exclusions
Sears will not price match competitor’s bonus or free offers, special offers, rebates, financing offers, clearance or closeout prices, or prices on used, damaged or display merchandise, service contracts or automotive services, or installation, delivery, or assembly services.
Sears Price Match Policy does not apply to Wishbook.com PartsDirect.com Sears licensed partner websites, "Sears Presents" and Sears Shop At Home catalogs.
Stores in Puerto Rico, Alaska and Hawaii will not match online prices.
Established Online Retailers
Amazon.com
BestBuy.com
Bluelight.com
Crutchfield.com
CircuitCity.com
Homedepot.com
Lowes.com Ourhouse.com
JCPenney.com
Radioshack.com
Target.com
ToysRUs.com
Walmart.com
800.com
------------------
Check out my new Home Theater site and my NEW HT 6.1 Pic's at Link Removed
Join my new Yahoo "Club Enormodome" for LIVE HT and DVD chats at: Link Removed

David Ki

Agent
I ordered mine from www.xtremeshopper.com just last week. More expensive, but way cheaper shipping. Ended up being just over $180 (158.99 + 21.85 ship.) for me. But the key was the turnaround which was very fast. I ordered last Monday Night and received it on Friday. Its a NY based Company.
I looked at inetshopping.com (Califonia based I think) and the shipping for me was $40 which made the price the same, I took the closer store.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CoolMovies
Recent bookmarks