What's new

Sony SAWM40 mods (1 Viewer)

Brian Bunge

Senior HTF Member
Carlyle,

I'm the one that asked about the dimensions. Thanks a lot, I appreciate it! Could I ask one other favor? Would you measure the port length and the port opening dimensions? I think it's sort of rectangular isn't it? You should be able to stick a tape measure in there and hook it on the end of the port to measure the length. I'm just trying to get an idea of the tuning frequency of this thing.

If you can get those measurements for me I'll figure up the enclosure's tuning frequency and post them here!

Thanks again!

Brian

Carlyle

Auditioning
Brian,

Unfortunately, I've got the thing all put back together and up on it's mount again. I'd rather not take it apart if I don't have to. However, the port is indeed rectangular in shape, it seems the same size as the portion that extends out the back. It extends from the back of the cabnet to about 1/2"-3/4" from the internal front of the enclosure. Next time I have it open, I'll measure it exactly.

Do you actually have one of these subs so you can measure the outside of the port?

Thanks,

Carlyle.

Adil M

Supporting Actor
I wonder if SVS-Ron or TV will jump in and give their experiences, less SVS owners start filling their subs w/ polyfill or even "kitty litter"...;)

Brian Bunge

Senior HTF Member
Do you actually have one of these subs so you can measure the outside of the port?
No, I don't have one of them. I built my own dual 12" subs. I was just trying to get an idea of the actual tuning frequency of the enclosure. It's always interesting to me to see what type of tuning is being used for commercially available subs.

Thanks,

Brian

Carlyle

Auditioning
Ah...indeed...I must have had a brain-freeze when I read your post. I thought you wanted the exterior dimensions of the tube inside the box.

I'll take it down and measure it tomorrow.

Thanks for the patience,

Carlyle

ron_kolarovic

Auditioning
Great mod. Bought a bag of 20 oz. polyfil at Walmart for $1.97. Stuffed the inside with all 20 oz. ( this stuff really expands ) and glued w/hot melt to sides.

Bass is much tighter and, but I needed to re-cal the system to bump up the bass.

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
H-508
Recent bookmarks