Sony SAWM40 in Canada

Discussion in 'Archived Threads 2001-2004' started by JorelB, Dec 24, 2002.

1. JorelB

JorelB Extra

First off, I'd like say Happy Holidays to everyone, soooooo
    HAPPY HOLIDAYS!!!!! [​IMG]
    On to my question, where can I get this sub in Canada. Using the search function I see some people have bought it at 250 street price here, although they don't say where. But the only place I can find it has it for MSRP of 300. Help please!

2. DavidY

DavidY Supporting Actor

Try the usual places like The Brick, Future Shop. That's CDN$250 plus taxes....so I have been told.

Dave

3. JorelB

JorelB Extra

Wow, I haven't even thought about going to The Brick for A/V equipment. Guess I got a new place to go to on Boxing Day, thanx! [​IMG] Another thing, can I use a video cable for a sub cable? I'm also using a video cable for my digital coaxial connection [​IMG]

4. DavidY

DavidY Supporting Actor

You can almost use any RCA ended cable for a sub cable. Just make sure that the cable is long enough so you can move your sub around the living room to ensure it's properly located (ie. sound it's best). [​IMG]
    Dave

5. Wayne Ernst

Wayne Ernst Cinematographer

6. jerry davis

jerry davis Auditioning

Audio cables pick up electrical interference and cause the "hum". You need a shielded cable, but rg6 video cable works fine. You can buy rca to 75ohm adapters almost anywhere. Same cable as you use for sat or cable connections.

7. Robert_Gaither

Robert_Gaither Screenwriter

I second Jerry's advice as this is what I've done in the past and have recommended this to a lot of people (it's cheap, shielded, and works quite well and different sizes availible and the ability to quickly crimp makes this a very flexible option).