Sony SAWM40 auto on/off slow?

Discussion in 'Speakers' started by Marc*F, Dec 4, 2003.

1. Marc*F

Marc*F Stunt Coordinator

I have a Sony SAWM40 and noticed when i got it that it takes about 5 seconds or so to wake up and switch on when it receives a sub signal, it seems to have gotton worse now...is this a know issue and can be fixed by warranty?

2. Cagri

Cagri Second Unit

I've been using mine since about a year and haven't experienced that problem. The signal needs to be above a certain level for the Sony to detect it though, it doesn't kick if the volume of my receiver is too low. Did you try to turn the volume of your receiver up by one notch with a test signal waiting several seconds in between? That way you can tell if the sub is delaying to respond rather than simply not getting as strong a signal as it needs.

3. jonathan_little

jonathan_little Stunt Coordinator

The auto on with my SAWM40 was always too slow, so I disabled it. The speaker and/or amp died in November after 15 months of use, so I won't be needing to turn it on and off manually any more, either.

4. Marc*F

Marc*F Stunt Coordinator

It seems to have gotton worse, but i might try the trick of turning up the sub signal on my receiver and turning the sub volume on the SAWM40 down...