What's new

Sony SAT-HD100 (1 Viewer)

Roger Clark

Stunt Coordinator
"One thing that is really odd to me is that even when the machine is OFF, the fan is on and running!"
The unit is never really "off", it just shuts down the video circuits. The unit is in continuous contact with the satellite and also dials in to DirecTV once a month (toll free) to let them know you haven't moved the unit.
The fanless units like the Toshiba and Mitsubishi boxes stay hot all the time for the same reason.
Roger

TerryBlauser

Auditioning
Remember the information filled emails and possible software upgrades you get in the middle of the night? Well, that's the reason the machines never really shut down. Also, it is widely believed that keeping the electronics on 24/7 extends their life over multiple power downs per day.
My orriginal RCA STB was always hot, it's nothing new about the HD units.
The only thing I am waiting for is a download to teach my DTC-100 how to integrate the guide.

GerardoHP

Supporting Actor
Real Name
Gerardo Paron
I just got the Sony SAT-HD100 after returning a Toshiba unit I hated. At any rate, I can't get HBO HD (Channel 509 on Direct TV) or Channel 199, the HD loop. I called Direct TV several times and they keep telling me that their hardware "does not recognize Sony HD units", and that this is why I can't get the high def signal Does this make any sense to anyone?
------------------
cinescoper2.jpg

Gerardo

Carl

Stunt Coordinator
Gerardo,
I think you must of gotten a bad directv Service rep. I have my HD100 activated 3 nights ago. I am getting HBO-HD just fine. You might want to check the alignment of your dish and the signal strength. Once you get it going, the Sony has the best Picture quality I have seen. The only thing that might get to you is the fan noise. Good Luck.
------------------
CC

Roger Clark

Stunt Coordinator
Gerardo,
Carl is right, I get 509 and 199 just fine on my HD100. Make sure you have the unit set for the oval dish and the proper number of LNBs and check the signal strength on the B satellite. Let us know what you find. Also, Sony's tech support has been very good when I've had to call them, the number is in the back of your HD100 manual.
Roger

GerardoHP

Supporting Actor
Real Name
Gerardo Paron
Thanks everyone for your responses. It's done because I finally found someone at DirectTV who knew what they were doing. Got HDTV now, again!
------------------
cinescoper2.jpg

Gerardo

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
acinstallation715
Recent bookmarks