Sony SACD SCD-CE775 with no remote

Discussion in 'Archived Threads 2001-2004' started by anthony_b, Oct 11, 2002.

1. anthony_b

anthony_b Screenwriter

I have the oportunity to get this player as an open box. My question is: Can I perform all the functions of this player using the buttons on the front panel ?

2. KeithH

KeithH Lead Actor

Anthony, I just looked at the Sony RM-SC500 remote, which is supplied with the 'CE775, 'C222ES, and 'C555ES, and I believe you can access all functions from the front panel. Truthfully, I never touch the front-panel controls on my 'C555ES changers, except for the on/off and open/close buttons, but I believe you would be good to go without the remote, save for the convenience that a remote provides. Have you exhausted all options for obtaining a new-in-box 'CE775? As you may know, stores have been blowing it out for $180-200. If you can track down a new one, it would be worth the extra money in my opinion. That way, you would have the remote and a unit that you are sure has not been abused. Just my $0.02.

3. anthony_b

anthony_b Screenwriter

Keith, I hear ya....[​IMG] ..It makes sense to get a new one.

4. Mike Broadman

Mike Broadman Producer

Anthony, you should be able to do everything you need w/o a remote. Even if you want/need one, you could always try 1-800-REMOTES, try contacting the company, or get a universal.

5. Doug_B

Doug_B Screenwriter

6. Eujin

Eujin Supporting Actor

Yeah, it's pretty easy to just punch in the Sony codes on a cheap universal. The only catch I've found is that it doesn't always have the SACD/CD toggle function or the 2CH/MCH toggle function--makes sense to me since these are exclusively SACD-related functions.

7. Mike Broadman

Mike Broadman Producer

Eujin,
    Yeah, I forgot about that. I had to have my universal "learn" them... from the original remote.

8. KeithH

KeithH Lead Actor

Eujin,

That was my thought immediately about trying to use a universal remote. It would be worthwhile to get a Sony RM-SC500.

Anthony,

I hope you are able to track down a new 'CE775. Let us know how you make out.

9. Aaron H

Aaron H Supporting Actor

I found a open box, complete, 775 today for $119. So anyone still looking for deals, just keep checking! They're still out there!

Aaron

10. Justin Lane

Justin Lane Cinematographer

11. KeithH

KeithH Lead Actor

Justin, that is ridiculous. I assume this was one of the Tweeter stores in Delaware. They were probably selling off the 'CE775 new-in-box for $180-200. I hope you literally laughed in the salesman's face.

12. Eujin

Eujin Supporting Actor

13. Aaron H

Aaron H Supporting Actor

A little update to my find. I just went and picked up the player at my local Circuit City today. This was the unit that was at the SACD kiosk, so it's definitely been used, but I bought it with my AmEx card so I'll get the extra year warranty.

But check this out. The 775 actually rang up at $99! And, to make it even better, the kid working at the time did not take off the protective cover that was holding the unit at the display. I asked about the "sampler" disk and he didn't really know, and said it may still be in the player. I kinda bit my tongue and tried to hurry out of there, for I knew exactly what disks were in the player.

So he rang me up for $99, left the cover on, and I went on my way. When I got home, I found the SACD sampler in the player, as well as the Roger Waters (Pink Floyd) 2 disk live SACD set. Can you believe that?

So anyone else with a CC in the area, check out the SACD display. The $99 might be a nationwide price for the 775, and you might get lucky with some disks in the player!!!

Aaron