What's new

Sony sa-wx700 sub any good?? (1 Viewer)

Chad A

Stunt Coordinator
I've been meaning to ask this myself.
250 watts RMS, dual 10", down to 20hz (maybe) and can be had for less than $200.
It sounds too good to be true but everyone has said very good things about the SA-WM40.
Haven't been able to find one review on it either since it's so new.
Anyone?

DaveRHend

Auditioning
I would also be interested if anyone has any feedback on this sub. I was planning on going tomorrow to pick up a Sony SA-WM500, but I may hold off until I can check this one out.

Dave

Miklsan K

Agent
I have heard a briefly WX700 in a home theater demo. It wasn't the tightest thing I have heard, but boy it had output! I don't think I have heard anything that matches the output for a lower price. It definitely has more low end output than the WM500. Anybody else have any info on this model?

Geoff L

Screenwriter
Real Name
Geoff
The slight boom with the 700, may have had allot to do with the subs location when you demoed it.. "possibly"

The Sony SA-WX700 is a bass reflex push pull design. Dual 10's, one driver firing out the front and one bottom mounted firing into the cabinet. Rated at 20Hz to 250Hz but no -3 given on the low end. Also to be noted is, it's small and weighs in at a hefty 62-lbs, leading one to believe it may very well be pretty well built.

If designed well by Sony, it should be tighter/quicker/less boomy than the 500 (when both are placed properly), also have substantially more spl output than the 500.

Poor room placement can make even the best of subs sound bad, turning them to expensive boomy monsters.

Saw one review on it and he bought 2 of them. Stated that one was more than enough for his room, (no room size given) and with 2-700's, the output was insane, deep, tight, and very loud he said. He claimed in room response to be flat to 25Hz, his words not mine.....!

I've seen it as low as 199.00 at a few Internet sellers. Given the few dollars more for the 700, if one is looking at the Sony-500, the 700 is a no brainer given it's push pull design.
It "should" be the better SQ sub.

Regards
Geoff

ChadMothersheaD

Auditioning
So would the Sony Dual 10`s be best or should I go with something like a JBL PB12 12" or another one Im up of suggestions.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Leif_sauce
Recent bookmarks