Sony SA-WM40 v/s PDR-10

Discussion in 'Speakers' started by Murthy, May 5, 2003.

1. Murthy

Murthy Auditioning

Hi everyone,

I'm getting Paradigm Titans fronts and Atoms rear with CC-170 as center channel for my HT. Can anyone compare Sony WM40 Sub with PDR-10 of Paradigm ? I'm considering PDR-10 and also WM40, but couldn't audition WM40. PDR-10 was pretty good. But, there is quite a bit price difference between WM40 and PDR-10. Any inputs are greatly appreciated. Because if both are equally good, then I might as well save some money getting WM40.

Thanks in advance

2. Kevinkall

Kevinkall Second Unit

I'd like to know what you finally decided on. I have the same setup that you do and I have the Sony WM40. I'm looking to upgrade to the PDR10.

3. Alton.M

Alton.M Agent

I have the pdr 10, it's a good sub. placement is the key!

4. MikeSta

MikeSta Auditioning

I have the wm40, with the mod, and like it! The only problem I have is that it doesn't reach as low as I would like it to. I spent almost a full day demo'n the Paradigm PDR10 and PDR12 and have to say I think they would perform better than the wm40.

Now the real question, is it worth the $? I am limited on my budget and won't have enough money for a SVS or equilivant sub any time soon so I think the PDR will be right for me. I had never had a sub before the wm40 and when I got it I was very impressed with the thump for the buck. It is a great performer and still makes me smile.