What's new

Sony SA-WM40 subwoofer (1 Viewer)

I recently got a SA-WM40 powered sub. I love a lot of bass effects when watching a movie. What should i set the levels at. I don't know what the Cut-off frequency does either. And what is the Normal/Reverse switch do? Also, I have a 50 ft regular speaker wire rolled up hooked to it (in case i want to move it). will it enhance the bass if i cut the wire to only what i need? Thank you.
P.S. this subwoofer rocks!

ChristianW

Stunt Coordinator
Hi,

Is your receiver 5.1? If it is, then connect it using an RCA to your LFE output on the receiver. Set the cutoff up high because chances are your receiver will set this anyway. As for the level, it should be set 10Db higher than the other channels using an SPL meter, otherwise just set it to what you like using your ears (though this is far from optimal).

While listening to a test tone from the sub or a bass heavy scene you know well from a movie. Set the normal/reverse switch to whichever setting gives the higher amount of bass.

I don't think you'll notice much difference if you shorten the cable, so don't bother.

Hope some of that helps,
See ya.

steve nn

Senior HTF Member
Hi David, looks like Christisn answered your questions for you. I am wondering how you like your new wm-40 sub?

Sony did good with the SA-WM40. I literally rocks the house. If i didn't know better, i would think i was in a theater. The one that came with my system was only 50 watts and weak compared to this one.

ChristianW

Stunt Coordinator
I hafta say, I'm very happy with mine too. They're good for the price, certainly a lot of bang for your buck.

steve nn

Senior HTF Member
Yes I used to run one and was really impressed with it for the money. I thought you would like it. I have a real hard time keeping my tongue when my friends speak of there 50 watt ---- box's and how good it sounds. You know I sold that sub for $75. The recipient sure is a happy camper though. He had a system but NO SUB! He could not believe what he had been missing.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
acinstallation715
Recent bookmarks