What's new

Sony SA-WM40 Power On and Off problem (1 Viewer)

Howie Hsu

Grip
Hi all,
I've searched the strings but it seems to no avail. During playing a DVD, this is not an issue. However, when I watch regular cable it becomes a problem, namely, my Sony SW-WM40 subwoofer goes ON when there is significant bass playing and then off after a time period of little/no bass. My receiver is the Onkyo TX-sr600. My settings for the sub are at highest crossover freq, the volume on it is more than half (any louder it too much) and I've calibrated it as well. Anybody know how to fix this?

Jason Wilcox

Supporting Actor
try lowering the volume on the sub itself and raising the volume on the receiver to compensate. should send a stronger signal to sub...thus keeping it on.

Vietor

Stunt Coordinator
Or you could just disable the auto power off, but I assume you have some reason not to do that. Otherwise, there's a switch on the back for it.

Scott*E

Stunt Coordinator
Yeah, I hate those auto power switches. They never work right. I just turn mine on using the main switch and turn it off when I'm done watching.

Matthew BW

Stunt Coordinator
I have the same problem with my keenwood sub. Try what they suggested. I have the level on the reciever at 10 and use the sub volume to adjust. It still turns on and off but not nearly as often. The keenwood sub does not allow you to turn off this feature.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
blitz
Recent bookmarks