Sony S7000 movie issue?

Discussion in 'Archived Threads 2001-2004' started by jason molinari, Nov 14, 2002.

1. jason molinari

jason molinari Auditioning

LAst night i got my lord of the rings 4 disk set. I have a sony S7000, and never had a problem before. Of the 4 disks only 2 and 4 worked. On 1 and 3, the player scanned the disk for a second, then acted as though it didnt know what it is.

I exchanged the disk set, and then disk 2 didnt work, the other did! I then tried disk 2 again after trying 3 and 4 and it works. Now they all seem to work.

Anyone have any ideas what the problem might be?

thanks
    jason

2. Joe Tilley

Joe Tilley Supporting Actor

I dont have any idea as to what the problem may be but, I can say I have had my player ( Sony DVP-C650D ) do the same thing to me a few times. If it got stuck to where it wouldent play at all I would load another disk, lut the title page come up, than reload the disk I was having trouble with & for whatever it would then play.

3. Jack Briggs

Jack Briggs Executive Producer

Jason:

Sometimes I've put in a disc that would start to break up during play—pixelating badly and audio/video going out of sync—that I'd pause then stop play and then resume, and everything would be fine. On the other hand, this week's blockbuster DVD releases of megahit movies have been causing user reports in the field about problems. Check out the threads in "Software."

JB