What's new

Sony RPTV focus problems (1 Viewer)

Kent Nelson

Agent
I just moved in to a new apartment, and I think my Sony kp53V45 tv has suffered some damage in the process. On the left side of the screen - near the edge - most of the images have noticable ghosts on them. Even on the dvd prompt "insert disc" the first 3 or 4 letters of insert have a 3d look to them - or you see some trails to the right of the letter (I know that is a strange description).
My question is - do I need to get someone to professionally calibrate the set? Has anyone had this problem before and know of any fix?
Thanks for any response.

Lee Bailey

Second Unit
Real Name
Lee Bailey
More than likely when you moved, it was pulled around by the top, instead of being handled by the bottom, and some things got tweaked. I would say get it repaired, whether or not it is under warranty. Of course, you'll have to pay for the visit to your apartment. I take it that the autofocus can't fix it?
------------------
The Bailey's Web Page and Home Theatre
The Bailey's DVD Collection

Kent Nelson

Agent
Lee, thanks for your reply. I was unaware of an autofocus option - can you please elaborate?
Thanks.

Bill Millar

Auditioning
Kent,
When you get a 3-d look on your rear projection TV it is the convergence, you need to reset it.
I do not know if your tv does it automatically or you have to do it manually, I'm talking about when you set your convergecne there is a cross in the middle of your screen, it must be white, if red or blue is showing then you must take your remote and move them until the red & the blue is in the white cross. Then you should have perfect focus again and the 3-d look should be gone. I hope this helps you out.
Bill

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
acinstallation172
Recent bookmarks